Things I love! My Lord, my Bible, knitting, spinning, crocheting, FALL!, working out, horseback riding, two-stepping with hubby, line dancing with my sisters, singing along with the radio, dark chocolate, yummy scented candles, lace, japanese cherry blossom by bath & bodyworks, merino wool, baby alpaca, silk, vintage rhinestone brooches, lacey romantic shawls, roses, pale pink pearls, 1940's fashions, christmas, crocheted snowflakes, lots of icicles, my mom & siblings, raspberry truffle martinis, a clean kitchen, homemade soup, glazed candied pecans, my in-laws, Godiva truffles, mexican food, italian food, flannel pj's, Will Smith, watching movies with hubby, shopping with my sisters, baking with my kids, watching Grey's Anatomy and LOST, wool-ease yarn, brooks farm yarn, artfibers' chai silk yarn, pink champagne, date nights with hubby, long phone conversations with Beth or Shauna, cowboy boots, tweed coats, black & white photos, dark wood, aga stove/ovens, craftsman style homes, old fashioned gardens, tulips, african violets, running, tickling my kids, making gifts for people I love.
(.+. The Girl .+.)
A Crochet Blog "She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands" Proverbs 31:13
(.+. Snag her buttons .+.)
(.+. She Adores .+.)
(.+. Wish I May, Wish I Might .+.)
(.+. On her hooks .+.)
(.+. Crochet-Alongs .+.)
(.+. Coming Soon .+.)
(.+. Web Rings .+.)
(.+. Her Past Entries .+.)
(.+. Coming Soon .+.)
(.+. Coming Soon .+.)
(.+. Coming soon .+.)
(.+. Find her here .+.)
(.+. Shop till ya drop .+.)
(.+. Just for Fun .+.)
(.+. Her Friends .+.)
(.+. Credits & Thank You's .+.)
Golly, I'm tired!! I'm posting this and going to bed! (insert another yawn).....
Questions from Ro:
1) If you had to choose, would you rather have dinner with Robin Williams, Steve Martin or Jon Stewart and why?
Robin Williams for sure! I totally love his sense of humor and how personable he is.
2) Peppermint, spearamint or wintergreen?
3) What is the biggest fear you've ever overcome and how did you do it?
oh wow, this is hard. I'm not really afraid of very many things. THe only thing I'm really afraid of is big snakes? I'm sorry, probably not the kind of answer you were thinking of.
4) Which do you hate more; going to the dentist or to the gynecologist?
the dentist, my mouth really really hurts when I have to hold it open like that for long periods of time and my jaw will ache for days afterward. After having 3 kids going to the gyno isn't that big a deal anymore.
5) Do you collect anything, if so what and why?
YES!! I collect Betty Boop stuff, retro Coca-Cola stuff, thimbles, lighthouses, rhinstone costume jewelry (particularly vintage brooches and pendants),and any fashion items from the 1930's-1940's. Why? Mostly because I love the sense of style and poise that was popular in that time period, I'm a romantic!! Thimbles because my grandfather made me a gorgeous inlaid wood & glass display case for them and I want to fill it up! Lighthouses because they just make me happy. Betty Boop i guess embodies the part of my personality I tend to keep hidden from public view.
I'm sorry tiff, i'll try to answer your's in the morning and write some for you mitzi. I have stuff that came in the mail today i will post in the morning too! Goldie and Shauna I haven't forgotten your buttons, it's just that my body is running on very little sleep and is about to shut down completely on me. g'nite.
Ro, i'm sorry i haven't answered your questions yet, i will today!
Mitzi, I will have questions for you sometime today.
Beth, your first question has been changed.
Goldie, I'll do your button tonite.
And here is one i did last nite and forgot to post!
For my friend Coralie, I really hope you like this.
That's all for now, need to fix lunch and start homeschool. I won't be back on till late this afternoon.
By request from Joann, I hope you like this one!
and for my friend Natalie, lol, you SHOULD like this!!
alrighty then I'm going to bed. tomorrow hubby wants one and my little sis Shauna needs a giraffe!!
By Request! Hope you all like these.
A purple one for Kari,
One for Ro,
and 2 for you Chie,
one for Heather,
and one of my own!
and one for my friend Chelle!
I have a few more I'm working on now but I'll probably post them in the morning.
If anyone has problems copying and pasting these to your photo host, let me know and I'll send it to you as an email attatchment.
I love making these!!
Seriously if anyone wants me to make them a button i will, so speak up!!
I've made my first button for someone else!! I found a graphics program I can download free for 30 days but then I lose it if I can't pay for it so I'm gonna make as many buttons as I can in the 26 days I have left!!! Anybody want one?
Hope you like this Julie!!
Here's one I made for myself.
You might want to resize it a bit, I didn't know how many pixels were in a button!!! LOL
okay girl's here are your questions!!
1) What do you think your life will be like 5 yrs from now?
2) Is there one thing your parents did with you that you hated and will never do with your own children?
3) What's your favorite ice cream flavor and brand?
4) If you could only choose one for the rest of your life, would it be office supplies or yarn?
5) What is the most WIP's you've had going at one time?
1) If you could only listen to one cd for a year, which one would you pick?
2) Do you think your daughter will be bettered(is that even a word?), not affected, or harmed by you having MS?
3) Why did you choose to homeschool? (i also homeschool.)
4) what is your drink of choice?
5) what size hook can you not live without?
1) what is the best memory you have of your mom?
2) what was your first date like?
3) what is your favorite dessert? (LOL, that does NOT have olives in it!!)
4) what is the one material object you would go back for if your house was on fire?
5) do you own an umbrella and what color is it?
1) With which of your girls' did you have the hardest labor and what made it so?
2) How did Andy propose to you and where?
3) If you could only have one color of yarn for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4) What is the one thing you've always dreamed about doing someday but haven't told anyone for fear of embarrassment?
5) What are you going to do with your degree after you graduate and move to Austin?
Alrighty then!! Anyone else want to be interviewed? Read the previous post for the details. Can't wait to read all the answers!
Here are the rules for this Blog-a-thon. I'll offer to interview whoever responds to this post and will follow these rules:
1) Leave me a comment saying "interview me".
2) I will respond by asking you 5 questions here on my blog. They will be different from the ones below.
3) You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.
4) You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5) When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them 5 questions.
Please try to ask questions that are original and not copied from others' blogs, it makes it more fun that way!! Enjoy!!
Here were Beth's questions for me:
1) I've seen pictures of you and your husband, how in the hell did you end up with red headed kids? (I do think they're cute by the way...you know how I feel about red heads.)
You have no idea how much I detest that question!!!! People are always asking me that, total strangers out in public!! The nerve!! ;) Anyway, hubby has aunts and uncles on his dad's side that are bright redheads as well as a greatgrandmother. I have greatgrandparents and aunts & uncles on my mom's side that were red headed too. So the combined genes were dominant enough to give two brunette parents 2 red headed kids. (I usually give people a dirty look for asking this and tell them my mailman is a redhead!!!)
2) If you had to choose ONE yarn to use the rest of your life, which would it be?
MAN!! You like to ask hard ones. Gotta think for a couple of minutes, shoot, maybe a couple of days!! okay, it would have to be a classic merino wool yarn. Soft enough to wear next to your skin, versatile to design with, feltable, toasty warm, and never goes out of style.
3)Where did you get your love of pink? (seems to be some sort of disease going around LOL)
Finally, an easy one!! I had my colors done by a color analyst and discovered I am a "Summer". The shades of pink I like best are part of the "summer" color palette. I never realized how good it looks on me since I had always leaned towards wearing my favorite colors which are partly "Winter" colors: cobalt, emerald, ruby, black. I didn't pay enough attention to the mirror to notice that those colors made me look like I belonged in a hospital bed!!
4)What do you hope your kids will be when they grow up?
Hmm....well as a good mom, i guess i should say whatever makes them happy. But I'll go a little further and say: I pray that they discover what God has created them to do with their lives at an early age and not be distracted by how much money they're making or not making. If they do that, I know they will live happy, productive lives that will be a witness to others. Now with that said, I just want them to explore the talents they have, tabi is extremely smart and very, very artistic. She's also wanted to play the fiddle since she was 2 yrs old and has never wavered from that desire. Teddy is a very generous child and is very good at communicating verbally, his diction and vocabulary are like that of a 7 or 8 yr old and he's only 3. Trinity is our little comedian and is double jointed like her daddy so maybe gymnastics is in her future?.
5) If you could have any kind of animal what would it be?
Hmm...in general i'm not a animal lover. I don't hate them but I'm not keen on the idea of letting them lick me or how they smell or taking care of their business. But.....I do adore kitties and would love to have a long-haired one someday. We'd also love to have some sheep, alpacas, goats, and angora rabbits for the fibers to spin our own yarns. I say we cause hubby is really into this idea and might end up being the spinner while I do all the handpainting and dyeing of the yarns.
Hope you learned stuff about me you didn't know!!